This is a different kind of post, not bookish. So, if you came here for bookish content, regular programming comes back tomorrow!
I wanted to put it out there that we’re making masks. By we’re – I mean my mom and I…though my dad does a lot of the online ordering for supplies. We’re a mini family business right now.
What started as a small project to supply my direct family with cloth masks, turned into a much larger endeavor. Now, my mom and I have probably made close to 100 cloth masks, for family, friends and coworkers. We’ve got it down to a science at this point, and I no longer jab my fingers a million times with pins. It’s wonderful.
We debated on whether or not to open up orders to the general public, but right now we have the supplies – elastic is a tad hard to come by right now – and, honestly the time.
So, here’s the deal –
- These are first come first serve until supplies run out.
- Masks are $5 each + shipping. We will bundle for a discount.
- Right now, we are only shipping in the US.
- We have various fabric colors and will try and accommodate specific fabric requests.
These are the fabric options we have –
The finished masks are example of what our masks look like, as well as types of fabric we still have available.
- We can consider custom orders – i.e. child size masks or slightly longer elastic. We also have some other fabric not pictured, so if you don’t see something you like, please reach out to the email listed down below.
- All of our masks have a small opening at the bottom on the inside, where you can place a coffee filter for extra protection, or any other item – i.e. a piece of t-shirt, other kinds of filters – this just provides extra protection.
- Each mask has two elastic ear loops to hold the mask securely to your face. They fit over the nose and mouth and under the chin. Pleats should face down.
- They are machine washable – just pop them in a little mesh bag. After drying them, you can iron them to re-establish the pleats. Make sure to take any filters, or other items out of your mask prior to washing.
- Masks will be shipped as soon as they are completed. Our goal is to have them out by the end of the week, once the order has been placed.
- If you are interested in purchasing a mask, please email this address – email@example.com – and include in the subject – Interested in Face Masks.
- In the body of the email, please provide the number of how many, and preferred fabric choice. We will then let you know if it is still available.
- We will get back to you as quickly as possible and get your order placed.
- We’re accepting payment via Venmo. In the case of not having a Venmo account, PayPal will be accepted.
These are tough times, and we just want to help provide a little bit of peace of mind when venturing out into public areas. Everyone who has received or bought one of our masks so far hasn’t been disappointed.
We hope to hear from you! If you have any questions, feel free to shoot us an email.
Please feel free to share this blog link with anyone who might need or be interested in purchasing masks.