Every soundtrack that Halsey puts out, ends up being music I can write to. And I can’t usually write while listening to music. I love listening to BADLANDS, and it was the album that introduced me to her as an artist – I can’t tell you how many times I’ve listened to it. But her latest album Manic is stellar and it has so many good songs that I’ve also lost count of how many times I’ve listened to it.
So when I stumbled upon this tag and saw the questions, I knew I had to do it. I found this tag over on The Cursed Books – I’ve linked Marta’s post, so make sure you go check out her answers!
- Castle – Your favorite queen.
Bryce Quinlan. Technically she’s not a Queen in the “Royal” sense, but she’s a bad ass, takes no shit and that whole ending action scene in House of Earth and Blood is *chefs kiss*
- Hold Me Down – A series you just can’t seem to quit no matter how hard you try.
I don’t think there’s been a series that I’ve tried to quit and wasn’t able to. Either I continue on, or I don’t. So, I don’t have an answer for this sone.
- New Americana – The fictional friend group you’d want to be your fight-the-apocalypse squad.
Squad 312. Need I say more?
I didn’t even have to think about that, but the more I contemplate, the surer I am. But if we’re not sticking solely to books, then the core cast of Farscape.
- Drive – A couple that needs to communicate (better).
All of them?
Like, legit all of them. There isn’t just one. They are all notoriously terrible at telling each other anything.
- Hurricane – Your favorite standalone.
Ooo, this is hard. Either Echoes Between Us by Katie McGarry or Lore by Alexandra Bracken.
- Roman Holiday – Cutest contemporary couple.
Ugh another hard one. WAIT. Omfg not hard at all. Jax and Calla from Stay with Me by JLA.
- Ghost – Most tragic breakup.
Umm, not for spoilers, but basically the ending to Fire Falling by Elise Kova and the whole ass rift that opens up between Vallah and Aldrik.
- Colors – One of your faves who hurts you a lot because they make TERRIBLE decisions.
I’m looking at you Luc. YOUR CHOICES AT THE END OF THE BRIGHTEST NIGHT SUCKED MY DUDE.
- Strange Love – A character a lot of people don’t get, but you absolutely love.
I honestly can’t think of an answer for this one. *Absolutely* love might be a bit strong, but Rhen from A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer. I get why he does what he does, but it can make it hard to care for him.
- Coming Down – A book with the best sexy times.
Kingdom of Flesh and Fire by JLA. If you know you know – that one scene…it plagued my thoughts for DAYS the first time I read it. 🥵
- Haunting – A book or character you’re still thinking about.
Greythorne. I’m still blown away with what Crystal did in that book. 🤯
- Gasoline – Favorite self-destructive character.
Which one isn’t? But can I nominate my own character? She’s not good at communicating and it leads to her bottling up her emotions until they explode out of her and she takes people down with her.
- Control – Your favorite villain.
*cough* Seth *cough*
But like, only partially because [REDACTED FOR SPOILERS].
Read the Covenant Series by JLA to find out.
- Young God – Characters that secretly worship each other.
Dara and Nahri. Don’t tell me they don’t.
- Walk the Line – Best retelling or reworking.
Stain by AG Howard. I still think about this book. But also, The Wish Granter by CJ Redwine.
- Is There Somewhere – OTP with obstacles.
Cas and Elander from The Song of the Marked.
- Empty Gold – An OTP that became a NoTP.
Okay, this is purely based on the fact that teenager me was super crushing on Liam Hemsworth – so Katniss and Gale. 🙈 Obviously Peeta is the better choice and me now (while still loving Liam) would 100% choose Peeta.
- Trouble – A toxic relationship you still ship even though you know better.
Rielle and Brennan from the Blade and Rose series. While for a hot moment I was totally on board, it became very clear that he was utter shit and she deserves better – so I’m choosing to focus on the “toxic relationship” part of this question. Because otherwise I have no answer because my brain has gone ✨blank✨
If you liked this tag, feel free to do it – and feel free to tag me in your posts so I can check out your answers!